This is an old benchmark provided for the record. See the lastest benchmark for further details.
Here is the list of the libraries that we compare:
- eigen2: ourselves, with the default options (SSE2 vectorization enabled).
- eigen2_novec: ourselves but with SSE2 vectorization entirely disabled.
- INTEL_MKL: The Intel Math Kernel Library, which includes a BLAS/LAPACK. Closed-source.
- GOTO: The GOTO BLAS library. Non-free license.
- ATLAS: The math-atlas BLAS library
- ublas: The Boost::uBLAS library.
- mtl4: The Matrix Template Library v4.
- blitz: The historical Blitz++ library, which introduced Expression Templates. The reason for its poor performance in this benchmark, is that it's simply not intended as a matrix library. We still include it here because many people misuse it in this way.
- gmm: The GetFEM/GMM library.
ERROR in include.php: URL http://download.tuxfamily.org/eigen/btl-results-080801/index-080801.html not in allowed list.