This is an old benchmark provided for the record. See the lastest benchmark for further details.
Here is the list of the libraries that we compare:
- eigen2: ourselves, with the default options (SSE2 vectorization enabled).
- eigen2_novec: ourselves but with Eigen's explicit vectorization disabled. However, gcc's auto-vectorization was enabled.
- INTEL_MKL: The Intel Math Kernel Library, which includes a BLAS/LAPACK (11.0). Closed-source.
- ACML: The AMD's core math library, which includes a BLAS/LAPACK (4.2.0). Closed-source.
- GOTO: The GOTO BLAS library (1.26). Non-free license. This library has been compiled by hand specifically for the core2 architecture.
- ATLAS: The math-atlas BLAS library (3.8.3). This library has been compiled by hand specifically for the core2 architecture.
- model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz ( x86_64 )
- compiler: g++-4.4 (SUSE Linux) 4.4.0 20090226 (experimental) [trunk revision 144446]
- eigen2: Revision: 938968