This is an old benchmark provided for the record. See the lastest benchmark for further details.
Here is the list of the libraries that we compare:
- eigen2: ourselves, with the default options (SSE2 vectorization enabled).
- eigen2_novec: ourselves but with SSE2 vectorization entirely disabled.
- INTEL_MKL: The Intel Math Kernel Library, which includes a BLAS/LAPACK. Closed-source.
- GOTO: The GOTO BLAS library. Non-free license.
- ATLAS: The math-atlas BLAS library
- ublas: The Boost::uBLAS library.
- mtl4: The Matrix Template Library v4.
- blitz: The historical Blitz++ library, which introduced Expression Templates. The reason for its poor performance in this benchmark, is that it's simply not intended as a matrix library. We still include it here because many people misuse it in this way.
- gmm: The GetFEM/GMM library.
- model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz ( x86_64 )
- compiler: c++ (GCC) 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7)
- eigen2: Revision: 838022